What is a Doula?
A doula is able to provide emotional, practical and evidence-based information to support new families in making informed decisions about their care.
How can a Doula help parents-to-be?
- By building a friendly and trusting relationship during pregnancy
- Building confidence through discussion and support
- Being a consistent person throughout the pregnancy to labour
- Giving mothers-to-be confidence in their bodies
- Reassuring the mother that her partner is well supported, informed & empowered
- Keeping the mother comfortable and the labour progression as flexible as possible
- Helping parents feel that their voices are heard
Pregnancy & Birth
- Initial consultation and outline of requirements agreed
- 1-2 meetings before birth
- Creating a birth plan
- Hypnobirthing guidance
- Massage during labour
- Support and guidance during water births
- Placenta encapsulation information and on other services
- Breast feeding support
- Support with twins
- Support at home, hospital, birth centres as required
I am always happy to talk through any questions and gain a better understanding of your individual circumstances. So do get in touch and we will come up with a plan that suits you.